Information for NHS Staff
Through the COVID-19 Digital Staff Passport, you will hold your own verified record (provided by your current employer) consisting of your digital identity, key information about your current job and the employment checks that have been completed in a what is called a ‘credential’ on your smartphone.
Using an app, you will be able to:
- Review – you can see all the information your employer has provided about you
- Accept – you can accept this information once you are happy with it
- Reject - you can reject the information if you are not happy with it, reporting anything you feel is incorrect to the issuer, who can update and resend it to you to review again
- Send – you can share the information you have accepted with another NHS employer
You will have control over your own information and data.
When should the COVID-19 Digital Staff Passport be used and when not?
- Use of the passport is voluntary for both NHS employers and NHS staff.
- The passport should be used to enable staff movements to support the COVID-19 response and/or the recovery of services.
- The passport should be used for temporary voluntary deployments, it is not to be used for re-deployments as a result of a HR process.
See real life case studies of how the COVID-19 Digital Staff Passport is being used:
Five Simple Steps
Your NHS organisation registersNHS organisations are able to register for the COVID-19 Digital Staff Passport by contacting nhsi.digitalstaffpassport.nhs.net.
Connect with your NHS organisationYou will be invited to make a secure digital connection between the app and with your NHS organisation so they can issue you with your COVID-19 Digital Staff Passport employment credential.
Connect with your temporary ‘host’ NHS organisationYou will be invited to make a similar connection and share your COVID-19 Digital Staff Passport employment credential with your temporary host NHS organisation
Arrive and start workComplete local orientation and start working.