The NHS Digital Staff Passport enables NHS employees to use their smart phone to share employment, education and training, and occupational health details with NHS trusts 24/7, to support moves between those trusts.
Which NHS employees can use the service?
Two NHS staff groups are invited to register at this time:
- Temporary Movers
- Postgraduate Doctors in Training
Why should an NHS employee use the service?
- Faster and easier movement
- Reduce paperwork
- Reduce duplication of checks and training
- Save verification time
- Secure digital service
- Enhanced data quality
- Transparency of data held about NHS employees
- Employment details on smart phone
- NHS employee in control of data sharing
- NHS employee contributes to data updating
- Frees up time for patient care
What type of information can be shared?
The service supports NHS employees to securely share essential employment information, including employment checks, core skills and occupational health, using a digital passport.
How do NHS employees register?
To apply for a digital staff passport, follow the registration steps.